Taken, Season 1: 10 episodes to "Nothing"

Taken Poster
The TV series Taken is the prequel to Taken film trilogy, I couldn't remember much of the films when I watched the show, but I was thinking the show must be the story of the young Bryan Mills (Clive Standen) would come up the following line when he is older (Liam Neeson) and under certain situation like someone he loves dearly is kidnapped:
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
But I waited for 10 episodes, finally, he says:
I know that he's there with you. I know that he can hear me. I need you to listen very carefully. I am coming. I will find you, I will find him, and there is nothing he or anyone else can do to stop me now. Nothing.
Not as powerful and dramatic as in the film, but it's good enough, he is young, needs some time to practice, right?

I don't know if the 10th episode is the season finale, because it's not labeled as a mini-series, and [Franco-]American television shows often have 20+ episodes, or at least 12 or 13 episodes.  The cliffhanger made me believe this is it for the first season.

Christina Hart's (Jennifer Beals) team was supposed to execute orders by any means necessary, but politics and bureaucracy still loom over operations.

Nonetheless, the team is something different than other shows, ten episodes, and I feel Mills is the only one has a weak point, it's not every show that you can see an almost flawless team with virtually spotless personnel, the dynamics and close relationships.  I doubt they would even have a mole-in-the-team episode.

As for the plot, it's predictable and didn't have much in main plot but Mills' mental state.  It could have done more since it's only 10 episode, I'd like to see a plot-focused season, not still like the 24-episode production.  Although its plots of each episodes are not too bad, either.  But since this is a thriller, it certainly is a disappointment.

The action part, I'd not say the action scenes get you pumping all the time, but it does have a few good scenes, I believe, just couldn't recall any specific.

Overall, I am glad it gets renewed, because it still has some potential.

Comments