Mealybugs

Just a post logging the victims, I have seen them on my

Citrus (indoor)

I think they love citrus, I had one (not the one below) which was in enclosure in winter, wasn't trying to overwinter, but keeping the plant warmer.  Somehow, they got to that plant.  I moved it to outdoor, they were gone quite soon.

Mealybugs on flat lemon in April, 2016

Peppers (indoor)

Pothos (indoor)

I didn't know they could be attacking pothos, I had a pothos climbing up in bay window and growing like drapes until now.  When I finally spotted them, they were covering lots of air roots, at nodes and under leaves.  Didn't even try to kill them, too many to do anything and the pothos vine was up high and going up and down in loops.  I just cut the pothos into chunks, drying them to use as mulch.

Mealybugs on pothos in June, 2017

Squashes (outdoor in July)

The following photo is called The Horror of Veggie, the focus is a handful white fluffy mealybugs with generous sprinkles of white-orange aphids on the underside of a squash leaf.

Mealybugs on squash leaves with generous sprinkles of aphids in July, 2016

Comments